[nflug] nice, real nice

Erek Dyskant erek at blumenthals.com
Sat Apr 19 10:28:30 EDT 2008

The sad part is that Seagate won't lose a lot of business over this, as
they're marketing these towards a Best Buy crowd where Linux penetration
is minimal.  However, it presents a real annoyance to Linux users and
perpetrates the view that Linux is hard to make work with hardware.

As long as we're enumerating our drive choices, I've had good luck with
the Fantom brand external drives.  They're solid hardware that just
works, and in my experience (of course, no guarantees for anyone else),
they can take a light beating.

--Erek