[nflug] for the scripters

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Sep 20 10:56:40 EDT 2007

I figured the script to make the cute blinky lights would be easier.
Tried the kppp thing but was unsure of how to translate the script into
a user/password scenario like kppp wants. Here is what I call to make a
connection (NOTE: No password is used anywhere, i.e. pap-secrets)
|ttyACM0
115200
debug
noauth
defaultroute
usepeerdns
connect-delay 10000
user /xxxxxxxxxx at vzw3g.com/
show-password
crtscts
lock
lcp-echo-failure 4
lcp-echo-interval 65535
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -t3 -f /etc/ppp/peers/1xevdo_chat'

His phone number is the xxxxxxxxxx part of the user.

and here is the script that chat calls (note the phone number)
||ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT 'ERROR' ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT
'BUSY' ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
'' ATZ
OK-AT-OK ATDT#777
CONNECT \d\c

This works beautifully. Just would like some blinky lights, I can figure
out something for the connection/disconnection part.