[nflug] ldap ubuntu errors

Jon Skulski jskulski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:24:14 EST 2007

Well I upgraded to ubuntu 7.10 and discovered there is a pretty critical bug
that causes boot to hang waiting for ldap. So i put it aside for now, but
obviously I'd like to get this working in the near future.

ldap.conf contains:
# The distinguished name of the search base.
base dc=humboldt,dc=edu

# Another way to specify your LDAP server is to provide an
uri ldapi://lb1.humboldt.edu/
# Unix Domain Sockets to connect to a local LDAP Server.
#uri ldap://127.0.0.1/
#uri ldaps://127.0.0.1/
#uri ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fldapi_sock/
# Note: %2f encodes the '/' used as directory separator

# The LDAP version to use (defaults to 3
# if supported by client library)
ldap_version 3