[nflug] Fedora 7 to 8 upgrade woes

K O wpos2 at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 19 09:45:29 EST 2007

Hi Folks.

First, thanks to everyone for your input.  Now on to my rant, rave, and
pontification.

I looked at the bug report mentioned previously in the thread, and did
what it suggested, namely, add the
updates=http://katzj.fedorapeople.org/. . .  to the boot parameter of
the install.  This started last night, and it seems to be going as
slowly as before.  If the dependency check is still at 99% by the time I
get home, then it will be back to the drawing board.  I may just have to
bite the bullet and fdisk that drive.  Not the worst of circumstances:
actually a potentially good thing since it gives me a chance to get rid
of all the crapola since FC5.