[nflug] Fedora 7 to 8 upgrade woes

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Mon Nov 19 08:46:22 EST 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:07:10 -0800 (PST)
Daniel V <cloudlakedreamer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I like RedHat GNU/Linux a lot. I was wary of Fedora a
> while back when it wouldn't see my firewire external
> drives. I switched to CentOs (Enterprise Red Hat
> without the branding/logos/support). Fedora is
> cutting-edge, but I don't want those head-aches... I
> just want to manage my home network and geek out, not
> deal with alpha/beta-testing stuff... I'm not knocking
> Fedora, I tried the lastest Fedora 8, but I need
> stability in a system.

I have to add, too, that the fact that Red Hat makes a DVD .iso for
RHEL Server 5.1 available for downloading helps things out quite a
bit for us paying customers as well :)  It's too bad they didn't
do the same for the 5-oh! release :)

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com