[nflug] Zimbra LDAP

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Fri Nov 16 11:39:39 EST 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:16:44 -0500 (EST)
Eric Toczek <eric at flerd.com> wrote:

> Was just pointed at the list for the zimbra ldap question.
>
> I have not tried it on Ubuntu but if you want to query the zimbra openldap you'll need:
> 1) the ldap password (you can run as the zimbra user: zmlocalconfig -s zimbra_ldap_password )
>
> 2) Once you have the password you can run queries against ldap using /opt/zimbra/bin/ldapsearch .
>
> The important things to note for using the ldapsearch command is to use a -x for simple auth, the -H should point to the ip of the server, not to localhost/127.0.0.1. Password is gathered from above zmlocalconfig command, and binddn should be uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra, with no basedn.
>
> So for example:
> /opt/zimbra/bin/ldapsearch -H ldap://10.10.10.1:389 -w password -D uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra -x "(&(objectClass=zimbraAccount)(mail=eric at flerd.com))"
>
> Hope that answers your question.
>
> -Eric

Well the issue I am having is with the actual installation itself.  For some reason the Zimbra LDAP server cannot bind to the right port and I am sure that something like OpenLDAP is not running on that particular "box" (again, I use the term "box" loosely because it's actually running in a VM).

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com