[nflug] data recovery

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 09:50:06 EST 2007

use the same OS as is installed on the box and use the
rescue option. (nearly every linux distrohas that)

And it's unlikely that LVM is the problem.  LVM won't
stop the system from seeing the hard drives.  If you
corrupt the LVM partition(s), you can trash the entire
LVM,  butthat's  the same as trashing the partition
table wiht a non LVM setup.

don't be so quick to blame it on LVM.

--- eric <eric at bootz.us> wrote:

> Greetings,  I'm trying to use knoppix to recover
> from disaster.
>
> I have a scsi raid server that is setup as LVM that
> is the culprit.
> When I try to use knoppix none of the hard drives
> show up, I really need
> help... bad.
>
> Throw me a life line and I promise never to set up
> an email server with
> LVM ever again.
>
> Thanks

-- David J. Andruczyk