[nflug] CentOS

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 16:25:35 EDT 2007

Just an interesting note.  The company that I work for is just starting to probe using Linux for some functions.  One of the first is a mail relay for our clients that does spam filtering.

They handed me a random HP/Compaq G2 server with built in RAID controller.  I installed CentOS 5.0 on the thing without a hitch.  It quietly identified the raid controller, installed the CCISS driver and carried on.  Installed the whole system and rebooted into an operational system.  Folks here are amazed 'cuz I didn't have to go track down driver disks, fiddle with memory allocation or reboot 8 times.

COOLNESS!

Just had to share that.

Cheers!

Bob