[nflug] SCSI PCI

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 11:05:43 EDT 2007

Does your system have any IDE devices?
In many cases u need to adjust the boot order to make
sure it tries to boot off theSCSI device first..

ALSO verify you have termination setup correctly on
the SCSI bus.  Incorrect termination can make the
drive "disappear" off the bus during controller
initialization making the system unbootable...

Termination is always a tricky topic as it depends on
the the bus type, Single ended,  LVD, HVD, as SE uses
passive termination but LVD and HVD use active
terminators,  but they are not compatible with each
other.  It can be a real mess if you're unsure of what
exactly you have.

LVD  (Ultra 2 or Ultra3 (i.e. U80, U160/320) require a
Flat/Twist SCSI cable where the pairs are twisted in
the cable, for signal integrity, otherwise you'll also
have problems.

--- eric at bootz.us wrote:

> Hi I install a LSI PCI SCSI Host Bus Adapter and a
> SCSI drive.
> I then installed Fedora on the SCSI drive.
> After install and reboot my screen displays no
> operating system found.
> Do I need to pass special parameters to the kernel
> for grub? Or is
> there some other step I am missing?
>
> THanks for your help,
> eric