[nflug] Equipment for Sale...

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Mon Mar 12 20:50:56 EDT 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Robert Wolfe wrote:

> Hi all!  To begin, I hope everyone doesn't mind me posting this, but I
> have some *NIX type equipment that I want to get rid of and thought I
> would mention it here before I put them on eBay where I know they would
> site for multiple months.  So, here goes.

In general, I don't mind seeing hardware posted for sale. Some of us come
across some unique systems that others might not easily otherwise have
access to. If we can pass them along this list for the benefit of others
(not unlike the majority of the folks on the Sun Rescue list do) & no
one's out to take advantage of other members, I think that's great.

In fact, posting to this very list is how I sold an Ultra 5 & RS/6000 just
last July that incredibly had the exact same specs as the very two systems
listed to start this thread off. Incidently, I do remember getting just
$75 for the two.

Bitterness aside, it does remind me that I too have some hardware sitting
around that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. I'm _not_ looking to make any
money off of these, but merely to recoop a fraction of my costs. When I
lasted posted these systems for sale here this past summer, I only asked
for reasonable offers. This time I've added what I think are very fair
prices. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

$ 10
SPARCstation LX
ROM Rev. 2.9, 48 MB memory install
CPU: 50 MHz
OS: OpenBSD 3.4
Framebuffer: cgsix
Disk: 410MB
Extra Lance SBus Ethernet card (AUI <-> twisted pair adapter available)
Purple Sun Stand
$ 5
Sun Model NO: 411 SCSI External Hard Disk Drive Case
Quantum Fireball Ultra SCSI Drive (1.2 - 3.2 GB, not sure of size)
$ 20
Digital Multia / PDB (Personal Desktop Box)
133 MHz Alpha
Ram: Unknown (Suspect 64 MB)
Extra LiveWire 10/100 Fast Ethernet PCMCIA LAN Adapter (no dongle)
External SCSI HD (Size Unknown)
OS: Debian Something
Stand Included, but mount slightly cracked
$ 15
SPARCstation 10 (1 X 390Z50)
ROM Rev. 2.12, 32 MB memory install
OS: None
Disk: Seagate STI480 SUN0424862800970634
$ 15
SPARCstation 5
ROM Rev. 2.15, 32 MB memory installed
No CDROM or floppy
OS: OPENSTEP v40.13.1
Framebuffer: cgsix
Disks: CONNER CP30548 SUN0535B0CD9404KDEP
         SEAGATE ST11200N 810400220971
$ Free to good home
SPARCStation1
ROM Rev. 1.0, 16 MB memory installed
OS: None
Note: The battery in the NVRAM chip died in this machine. I soldered a new
1.5 volt on onto the existing leads. Yes, this works.
Disks: None
$ 20
Sun Ultra 1 Sbus 3.25 (UltraSPARC 167MHz)
OpenBoot 3.25, 128 MB memory installed
Disks: IBM DCAS32160SUN2.1GS60B
OS: Solaris 8
$ 20
Sun Ultra 1 Sbus 3.25 (UltraSPARC 143MHz)
OpenBoot 3.25, 128 MB memory installed
Disks: IBM DCAS32160SUN2.1GS60B
OS: None
$ 10
SGI Octane Shell with Power Supply (New Logo)
$ 75
SGI Indigo2 R10k 195MHz
RAM: 192MB
OS: Irix 6.5.19 (Original Media Included)
Power Supply: R10K
Graphics Cards: High Impact *and* Solid Impact
Disks: 4GB
3Com 100 MBit EISA ethernet card
$ 25
SGI Indy R5k
Indy Cam
Cosmo Compress Card (Extremely Rare!)
Dead Power Supply (Common in the Indy)
$ 50
SGI O2 R5k 180MHz (New Logo)
Disk: 9GB (I think)
Shell is in exceptional state
$ 10
17" Sun (Sony) 13w3 monitor
$ 20
17" SGI (Sony) 13w3 monitor (sync-on-green)

I also have a 1 GHz Duron with that I'm no longer using. I don't know the
specs offhand, but can boot the thing if anyone wishes.

I have a non-booting Apple G4 Cube that I might be convinced to part with
as well.

On top of the systems, I have a bunch of peripherals (disks, NICs, cables,
keyboards etc) for these as well. If you pick up a system, you'll have a
hard time leaving without one of them as well. If you have anything you're
looking for specifically outside of the systems, I can take a peak as
well.

I'm into the outdoors & would entertain outdoor related trades (or
anything else that might interest me for that matter).

-Mark