[nflug] Flash player 9 firefox

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Jan 17 15:36:21 EST 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> Adobe flash 9 is available for download now. I
> installed it on Firefox Ubuntu. I have noticed though
> my firefox crashes alot and locks up my laptop. This
> started even before I updated flash. Does anyone have
> this issue with Firefox on Ubuntu getting lockups? I
> have heard also that Ubuntus version of FF is alot
> more buggier then the real version from the site. Does
> anyone know too if Adobe is going to put out a version
> of Shockwave flash player for linux? Everytime my son
> wants to play a game on shockwave.com he cant with
> Linux he has to boot into Win.

I'm running Dapper with FF 2.0 and Flash 9 beta 2, no problems. I was
beginning to believe that they incorporated shockwave into the latest
flash because I have some clients that kept complaining their kids
couldn't go to disney.com, etc., so I put the latest flash on for them
and voila, no problems. In fact, I haven't encountered one problem with
a site wanting shockwave now but I guess the chances of needing it
enhances greatly if you go to shockwave.com lol, I'll check that one out
too.