[nflug] Broadcom Wireless Card

Franklin Kumro Jr fkumro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 11:43:30 EST 2007

I am going to be installing Ubuntu on my friends laptop and the only
piece of hardware im worried about is the wireless card. The card is
reported as

Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN
Controller (rev 02)

and I have read on the ubuntu forums that people have been getting
this card working. I was wondering if anyone on the lug has configured
this card correctly and is using it with wep encryption? Hopefully
this is not a big issue as I'm trying to pitch linux to my friend
because I'm sick of a phone call a week complaining that something new
doesn't work.

--
Frank
Shenanigans!!