[nflug] vmware linux

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Thu Jan 4 01:58:40 EST 2007

Hi Anthony,

This is the standard price. Please also factor in the cost of Platinum
support (free upgrades, 24 response time to support requests) which is
usually US$30. To me, as professional QA person, this product is worth it's
weight in gold. However if you do not need multi stage snapshots, linked
snapshots, and accelerated graphics you may find the free vmware server
works fine for your needs.

OBTW, you might shave $20 off that price if you have a purchasing deal via
programmer's paradise, Zones, or other large online retailer. I've found the
price savings not to be worth the extra hassle though.

VMWARE tip: before installation:

1) cd /usr/src/linunx (install the kernel-devel and kernel headers packages)
2) make cloneconfig
3) make prepare

HTH

Sam S.