[nflug] mplayer plugin ubuntu

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Sun Feb 18 19:22:02 EST 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, anthonyriga wrote:

> Ok It works after 2days of figuring out where the files go. I ended up
> creating in /usr/lib a win32 dir and in /usr/lib a codecs dir and copied
> the plugins into both directorsy and it worked. Thats strange. I tried
> just /usr/lib/win32 and then tried /usr/lib/codecs then decided to do
> both and it worked. Maybe its me but everytime I use ubuntu and install
> mplayer mplayer plugin using automatix I get this problems getting
> mplayer plugin to work. Whats the trick? --- anthonyriga

I can't speak to the mplayer integration problem, but the directory
confusion was automatically taken care of by the w32codes package listed
in the steps in of the how-to I passed along in my response to your
original query:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/WindowsCodecs

The files in /usr/lib/win32 are all symlinked to the ones in
/usr/lib/codecs by the package.