[nflug] what else ya got?

Robert Wolfe robert_todd at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 15 16:20:14 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:48:10 -0800 (PST)
JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Of course a webpage that sells lawn furniture SHOULD sell Windows Vista as well.  I now know why Windows and not Linux or any other OS will always stay on folks desktop - no other OS makes any company -no matter what their business- money!  Seriously Every company sells Windows new OS and depends on it for a bit of profit, Linux makes no one profits for sellign the OS - why waste webspace and effort marketing something that doesn't make direct profit.

JJ, just a random thought in response to your random thought.

Last fall, one of the subjects I lectured on was "The Business of Open Source" and the open source business model.  Sounds like a presentation I should make at one of the NFLUG meetings sometime.
--
Robert Wolfe <robert_todd at adelphia.net>