[nflug] update to POS BIOS

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Dec 16 19:32:41 EST 2007

What I thought was a problem with the BIOS and ACPI on the Acer Laptop
in question turned out to be a problem with ALSA. And after a few
searches on google found the suggestion to update ALSA to 4.07b and
voila! Now with not special boot commands, all works beautifully on this
laptop, even the onboard web cam. For anyone interested here is the link
on newegg for the laptop. Acer Aspire, dual core amd64, 17" screen,
NVIDIA graphics, scroll button on touchpad, firewire, svideo, pcmcia
(newer mini), dvd-rw, wireless (works natively and with
ndiswrapper(seems to do the wep better), onboard web cam for $699.00 and
it all rocks with Ubuntu Gutsy (yes gotta upgrade the alsa but that was
a snap) with free shipping? I think it's an awesome deal although bionic
eyes wouldn't like it cause it wont do 1920xwhatever....

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16834115413