[nflug] Question for all you programmers

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Mon Apr 30 14:34:10 EDT 2007

The best way, in my opinion is to just become involved in an opensource
project.

Pick a project that you like or want to learn more about.

Join the mailing lists, all of them. Especially the developers mailing list.
Then look at the code as much as possible.
Then implement either something that you want the application to do, or just
pick something from their list of todo items.

It really is as straightforward as that. Just dive right in, but don't do
things over your head. Heck a lot of people start out just by being the
"documentation" guy and helping maintain the developer docs, until they feel
comfortable to actually do some coding.

P.S. if you would like some coding projects, opensource or proprietary,
please let me know, I can give you the list of projects that I head up that
severely needs help!!

-Mark