[nflug] Dump XP image to VMWARE

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 10:56:04 EDT 2006

The company I work for invested heavily in VMWare ESX hosts (redhat /linux black boxes) and P2V'd tons of Windows Servers.  We P2V stuff all the time.  However not XP workstations.
Win2K and 2003 seem to P2V just fine, but as Cyber pointed out XP will assume you stole it and call the Software police and lock all your doors or something.

After a P2V and start of the virtualized server it is a matter of rerunning some driver executables since you essentially swapped all the hardware when the machine was off.

JJN