[nflug] Periodic "hangs" on Ubuntu / Dell Inspiron 8200

David Rosonowski rosonowski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:31:15 EDT 2006

So, I finally got ubuntu installed, apparently my CD-RW drive just
needed to have the contacts cleaned and the laser sled reset.

After a bit of tinkering, I got ffmpeg and wine working, and I have my
MMORPG (Nexus:TK) happily running in a window. XMMS is playing music
over a mounted SMB share, from my winXP gaming rig in the livingroom.

Every so often, though, the system will stop, for about two seconds,
like it was about to freeze, but then it keeps going on without
another problem for a while. It happens about twice an hour, at the
most.

IT's not *terrible*, but I would like suggestions on what I can do to
fix it. Complete newb here, but liking it so far.