[nflug] UNIX-HATERS Handbook

Mike Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:36:05 EDT 2006

Robert Meyer wrote:
> Well, the story I'm thinking of involved a VAX running BSD.  I think I saw a
> reference to a fellow by the name of John Sokol.

Well, *I* heard that it was a 4-slice industrial toaster running
Plan9... And that it was sealed in one of the support pillars for the
Brooklyn Bridge :)

>>I heard the story also, from a Novell Netware Instructor that worked for
>>IKON before it was ITT ...isn't netware's base OS unix or very similar
>>to unix anyway :) ...so the story can be swayed.
>>

>>Darin Perusich wrote:
>>
>>>i've heard that story before but it was a netware server.
>>>
>>>me thinks it's urban legend :)

>>just

>>where

>>and

>>of

>>Indeed,

>>all

>>House

Michael Richardson
Web Programmer, ePharmacotherapy Networks
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
State Univ. of New York at Buffalo
Cooke Hall Room 309
(716)645-2828 ext. 266