[nflug] Hardware questions

Jason O'Bara obarajt at verizon.net
Tue May 2 21:12:39 EDT 2006

I was looking at a new Dell machine for home, and a few of the specs
made me wonder:

1) A dual-core processor is seen under Linux as two physical ones, correct?
2) Hyper-threading only works in Window$, correct?
3) is there any difference between these two video cards? Dell sees it
as a $281 difference. I am not much of a gamer these days, and I just
want something decent.

128MB PCIe x16 ATI FireGL V3100, Dual Monitor VGA or DVI/VGA Capable

128MB PCIe x16 nVidia Quadro FX 1400, Dual Monitor DVI or VGA Capable

Thanks!