[nflug] Verizon DSL line for use with Vonage

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Mar 30 14:46:31 EST 2006

It was very simple.  They just charged me 19.95 instead of 14.95 because
I didn't have voice service.  I just told them I wanted DSL "only" and
they did it.
I'm backing up my Windoze notebook now so I can install their software.
I chose 768k/768k to save money.

BTW, I just signed up for Sunrocket VoIP at about $16/month - a big
savings over Vonage and lots more free features.  (They have a referral
program and I can get credit if you give them my VoIP phone number when
you sign up.  I'll give it to you off list if you are interested.)

Sunrocket says they need 90k/90k to work well, so even if I'm using the
Internet, I should have more than enough bandwidth.

Previously, I had IDT regular phone service for about $60/month.  Now, I
have DSL and phone for under $40 - a savings of $20 and much better than
dial up.

Joe