[nflug] Asterisk and FXS cards?

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 11:50:05 EST 2006

VOIP can use analog or sip handsets (real phones). If
you want to keep your analog phones rather than buy
sip phones then you'll need an FXS card or new on the
market is a 4 or 8 port usb channel bank that allow
you to connect your analog handsets. Same price range.

Or you can go buy sip phones. Prices vary greatly.
Polycom IP501's offer the best bang for the buck. It
has 3 line appearances ( 3 full extensions) . The new
sipura 942 also looks good. It has 2 line appearances.
Both are in the sub $200. the grandstream GX2000 is in

the $100 ranges. Go to voipsupply.com to get an idea.
How many phones will be hooked up? Do you want to
continue to use your analog phones? Once you answer
these questions the answer will become more clear.

--- Dennis Ruzeski <denniruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, All.
>
> I want to set up a VOIP solution that doesn't just
> use a soft phone. What
> are you guys using for a station card or adapter?
>
> I'm looking at the Digium TDM400P but I'd like an
> alternative in the same
> price range or cheaper.
>
> TIA,
> --Dennis

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi