[nflug] Webchat for Linux

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 23:19:59 EDT 2006

OK after an hour or so of futzing I recompiled a PWC driver for my logitech QC pro 4000.

<NOTE> - I bought 2 refurbs from justdeals.com - 1 was great the second was DOA!!! trying to get RMA now</NOTE>  Pete you have a spare I can "borrow" or buy until I get my RMA?

I did get Webcam working with newly compiled PWC module- webcam status is like wireless in Linux and cd burning!  Not easy to figure out for a novice!  Seriously, on my win laptop I downloaded driver - installed rebooted- plugged in camera and took photos and captured video.  In Linux I had to read posts - fail at first few attempts to get driver working, compile fom source sheesh ! Then try to figure out software that works!

BUT bigger question - are there any webchat enabled IM apps for Linux?
They have to work with Linux AND windows since my spouse will have only a windows laptop to use!

Thanks.

JJN