[nflug] mouse

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 10:46:41 EDT 2006

Hi all, I'm having an issue w/ ubuntu finding a GE ps2
optical mouse. It's recognizing the mouse as
/dev/input/mice. It's definitely an Ubuntu issue as I
booted a live gentoo distro and the mouse works fine
(as
/dev/mouse). I've tried proto = imps and imexps in
xorg.conf to no avail. During the boot process it
lights up, then ubuntu says loading hardware drivers
and it goes dead. Anyone have any ideas? I can use
another optical, ball or usb mouse and it works fine.
Just this one brand doesn't work. It's for a friend
and it's his mouse.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi