[nflug] Ubuntu question (Video)

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Jan 11 09:13:49 EST 2006

JJ Neff wrote:

>I use Xine now that VLC is no longer in favor.  Mplayer plugin is great for
>online video clips intended for windows media players but Xine is my DVD viewer
>of choice.
>
>(Debian Testing)
>--- Josh Johnson <joshj at linuxmail.org> wrote:
>

>>I can't find mplayer.  What would you guys recomment for a dvd player?
>>Totem doesnt work.

gotta chime in on this one...I used to like gxine before the new xine
came out, now xine is my choice as well for video stuff. It was more of
a skin thing for me as I thought all the skins for xine sucked, too hard
to make out the function buttons, and I thought they were pretty much
ugly. The new xine has some really nice skins and works well. I also use
gxine for m4a's and now got the plugin for m4a's for xmms/bmp. I did the
plugin for xmms because I use that if I want to make an audio cd of the
m4a's as k3b does not yet convert the m4a's so I use that handy as hell
function of xmms, disk writer!