[nflug] Ubuntu question

Tony Abou-Assaleh taa at acm.org
Tue Jan 10 22:46:41 EST 2006

I had a similar problem recently. With the graphical interface, you need
to enable the advanced mode in order to see all the packages.

Also, some packages are not part of the totally free packages that Ubuntu
supports, so to install these ones you need to enable the universe
packages, and if you want to have non-free ones too, then you need to
enable the multiverse.

If you need more detailed steps on how to do this, let me know (I am away
from Ubuntu at the moment).

Note: I didn't check if mplayer is there.

Cheers,

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON, Canada, L2S 3A1
Office: MC J215
Tel:    +1(905)688-5550 ext. 5243
Fax:    +1(905)688-3255
Email:  taa at acm.org