[nflug] Copy pop account email to another email address in QMAIL

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Fri Jan 6 10:48:30 EST 2006

speljamr at speljamr.com wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am a recent user of Qmail and I have a problem I have been unable to
> find an answer to yet. I thought some of the Qmail users out here might
> be able to help.
>
> I need to have email delivered to a pop account get copied to another
> email address as well. It needs to go in both places. An alias won't
> work because the original recipient must be able to download their mail
> from the original email address.
>
> In other words, test at test.com <mailto:test at test.com> gets an email
> delivered to his/her  Maildir and a copy of that email goes to
> test2 at test.com.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this? I don't see any tools
> for doing so in the default Qmail install. If it helps I am also using
> vpopmail for the virtual domain handling.

.qmail file is your answer.

I'm not sure how vpopmail delivers to the virtual users as I use
vmailmgr, but I'm sure it's pretty much the same. vmailmgr has a program
that it uses to deliver to the virtual domains so you can setup a .qmail
file to send the message all over the place then onto it's original
destination.

As per your example, my .qmail file would look like this :

Filename : .qmail-test
Contents :
test2 at test.com
|/usr/bin/vdeliver

Look in the 'home' directory of the domain recieving all the mail for
your domain, and you should see a .qmail-default file.  Inside that file
will be the instructions on how vpopmail delivers.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)
jnichel at dotcomholdingsofbuffalo.com