[nflug] mouse failure with xserver

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 08:56:38 EST 2006

I fought this same thing for some time.  Running DEbian testing on an OLD
Compaq Desktop (pre Y2K) I finally was given the answer at #debian irc
freenode.

I had to manually load psmouse (insmod psmouse) and then add it to /etc/modules
(along with mousedev)

The PS2 mouse module was NOT loading automatically.  Once I loaded it
everything worked as expected. ( I tried the same thing pointing to USB mice et
al)

>From a cmd prompt try 'sudo (or su if you haven't set up sudo yet) insmod
psmouse'

THen try gpmsetup and see if you can get it working there.  If so no problems.

JJN