[nflug] Announcing the Fedora 6 Zod live CD and live CD tools

Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Sun Dec 31 00:38:36 EST 2006

Stephen Burke wrote:
> Probably so on the cd, I'm thinking. The sha1sum checked for the iso,
> so I think that's good. Just never saw it before, and the number of
> cds around here is insane, so I hesitate to just jump into burning
> more. Organizing them all in some fashion might be an idea, but, once
> again, nothing to rush into. ;-)

I finally got around to playing with the CD I burned last night, and it
worked fine on an older Dell PIII 1GHz w/512MB RAM. If the sha1sum
checked out for your ISO,  it probably is the CD medium.

K3b has a checkmark to "verify" after it burns. It takes a little
longer, but I usually use it.

Did you calculate a sha1sum for the burned CD?

RE: your CD collection:
Buy a suitable # of your chosen organizers --CD wallets, binders,
shoeboxes or whatever-- buy a couple cases of beer, and a few pizzas &
have a CD-organizing party for the next NFLUG meeting.

People would come.

Things would probably get organized pretty well until the second case of
beer, too.  You might have to double check things towards the end. . .

Happy 7th Day of Christmas,
John