[nflug] apt ineptitude

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 6 22:13:10 EST 2006

matt donovan wrote:
> not sure what elive uses but if it's xorg 7.1 and you had xorg 6.9
> installed, xorg 7.x uses a different font path then 6.9 did

elive is "etch" I believe, whatever that means. Not sure how to
determine which xorg is on there, since I'm used to "rpm -q" type systems.

Following Peter's advice below, the  "apt-get -f install" showed
nothing. I looked through the cache list and then used apt to install
xfonts-base, xfonts-100dpi, xfonts-75dpi, and ttf-freefont because they
looked like good choices from that list, but fonts are still hosed.

Do you mean I should just be able to reset a path somewhere?
That would be sweet.
Googling now.
Thanks for the tip,
S.