[nflug] Seeking linux friendly multi-function printer/scanner/copier recommendations

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Thu Aug 10 15:50:37 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have an HP PSC 2510 professional all-in-one It's really nicely Linux
compatible. It's windows drivers are rather unreliable however.

The following Functions of the HP PSC 2510 work on Linux:

1) Printing (including double sided) via ptal or hbobj
2) Scanning (via sane only after ptal is setup)
3) Faxing (Via built in web interface)

The following functions do not work in Linux:

1) PC based faxing (may or May not work in the latest version of the HP
driver)
2) the multimedia card slots

I think the 2575 will be a good value for you based upon my experience with
the older model.

I should that I got my Mom a Brother 420cn at wall mart. It has a built in
network adapter. However, it's print only from Linux - no scanning or faxing
of any kind. It's also slow in printing and it's windows drivers make the hp
drivers look stable and reliable.