[nflug] NFS noac option

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Thu Apr 20 14:28:15 EDT 2006

Hi Justin,

I like to use "bg,intr" for these situations. Soft mounts can cause data
loss -- especially when using mbox files as they tend to stay open and may
loose integrity when the nfs handle goes stale and remaining data is not
committed. I've not had a problem with maildir's (they are just one small
file).

BTw, if you are having transfer speed problems, take a look at the rsize and
wsize options in the nfs mount command.

Good luck!

Sam S.

<snip>