[nflug] Hardware Issue

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 20:47:58 EDT 2006

Ok so far I checked all the cable connections, and ran memtest86 over
nite (no errors). Today the same problem happened so I am going to
order a new HD and send my current one in for warranty. I was
wondering if there is any HD scanning programs that I can run off a
live cd (knoppix) to check the hard drive to ensure my money will not
be wasted? The smartmontools reported an error (actually a couple) but
they were on day 431 and this drive has been on 24/7 for about 2.5
years.

On 4/17/06, ron browning <ron_browning14223 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Also check battery on mother board!  Bearings could be going on Hard Drive
> -- try a new one(lock would occur if HD speed flaky).
>
> Sam Stern <samstern at samstern.net> wrote:

Frank
Shenanigans!!
http://www.syncoder.com