[nflug] Oracle may launch Linux version

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Apr 18 09:45:14 EDT 2006

oracle purchasing novell or any linux company would be bad for that
company and the community that uses their products. oracle is just like
for borg, it would be like the purchased comany never existed before.

we use oracles calendaring software which used to steltor calendar. the
support and service we use to recieve went right into the toilet almost
as soon as oracle purchased them company. then oracle was like you need
to purchase oracle collaboration suite if you want to use the calendar,
which was a total lie.

oracle does some good OSS work, like oracle cluster filesystem 2 (OCFS2)
but it's all to meet their needs. in the end all oracle cares about is
selling oracle databases.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator