[nflug] Oracle may launch Linux version

Jonathan Skulski jskulski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:17:37 EDT 2006

I'm suprised to hear that Novell is SuSE. I forgot about that.

I just was assuming that Oracle would put out some intensely tuned
distro for databases. I wonder if they really are planning on doing
anything with desktop? Is this a lateral move?

Either way, they'll probably forget to include startup scripts and
you'd have to write those yourself. And pay 5,000 dollars for the
privalage. Per CPU.

jsk