[nflug] Oracle may launch Linux version

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Mon Apr 17 14:20:08 EDT 2006

Darin Perusich wrote:
> novell bought suse a few years ago so novell linux is suse. they tried
> to change the name from "suse linux" to "novell linux" but realized
> that was a mistake and have since reverted back to using the "suse
> linux" branding for all of their products.
>
> i use SuSE on nearly all of my linux systems with the exception of
> debian for select applications. i switched from redhat because i
> wasn't about to pay for patches and such and i refused to use their
> playground/testbed fedora in production. i couldn't be happier.
>
> Joe wrote:
>> I don't really know anything about Novell Linux.  Anyone have any
>> experience/comments on it?  I know they have/had an OS called
>> Netware, but that's about it.
>>
>> Joe

Novell is also responsible for the contributions of XGL and Compiz to
the Linux community - http://www.novell.com/linux/xglrelease/

Thus making them pretty awesome. I talk to a developer who works for
Novell and develops Banshee - http://banshee-project.org/ -
occasionally. He seems to like it there.
--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source