Source Based Distro's.

Dennis Ruzeski denniruz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:45:08 EDT 2005

I'd say that it's the same as any distro or OS for that matter. Security
issues, outdated software, and potential bugs.

I have a gentoo box that I love. I'd also like to chime in another option
that's not source-based but still has a ton of flexibility in setup and
install options (ie- Get only what you want/need) and has super simple
package management and that distro is Arch Linux. I've been using it for
almost a year now on my work system and on my laptop and it's absolutely my
favorite.