Apache 2 and PHP 4

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Mon Sep 19 09:44:35 EDT 2005

Frank Kumro wrote:
> A while back (a long time) I read that the php devs didnt suggest to
> use php4 with apache 2. Does anyone know if this has changed? I am
> about to setup a new webserver and possibly upgrade an existing one.
> This information would be great because I've been looking to try out
> apache 2 but only if it is recommended and stable. Thanks guys...

It hasn't changed.  The 'problem' isn't with PHP or Apache 2 however.
To the best of my knowledge, all of the bundled tools with php will work
fine, as they are threadsafe, but it's in the third party modules where
you might run into trouble.  I *think* you can even compile Apache 2 to
not be multi-threaded if you're going to be using third party modules.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek
john at kegworks.com