bttv tuner card try number 2

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:26:31 EDT 2005

Alright well i really want to get this card working so I am back to
fedora core 3. I figured this is a common distro here and it will make
it easier for everyone to help. This is what I have done so far. I
have added the following lines to my /etc/modprobe.conf

alias char-major-81-0   bttv
options bttv card=2 radio=1
options tuner type=2

However xawtv -hwscan still says the device is UNKNOWN/GENERIC
I enter the kde hardware browser and it lists my capture device as
Philips Semiconductors SAA713X Audio+video broadcast decoder
Manufacturer: Unknown
Driver saa7134

Anymore ideas? Why does FC3 say to use the saa7134 driver?
--
Frank
Shenanigans!!