802.11g madness

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Sep 5 14:28:36 EDT 2005

Read the section in the release notes for Core 4 about adding a kernel
source tree, it's really pretty easy.
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc4/
Probably the hardest thing you'll encounter is where to find the
*.src.rpm file for your specific kernel, especially if you've upgraded
it, etc.. You can find them all here,
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/

I can get nice PCI wireless NICS that have native Linux drivers 802.11g
Cnet CWP-854 for about $45.00. They use the ralink chipset and work
fantastic! I spent about  a day figuring out that one of my clients
crappy dlink router was mangling the dns, replaced the router with a
nice Linksys and voila, rocked on!