802.11g madness

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Mon Sep 5 14:07:33 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 01:02:14PM -0400, Richard Hubbard wrote:
> I am going mad.  I am looking for an 802.11 cardbus/pcmcia card for my
> laptop.  My dlink almost works, but with the release of fedora core 4,
> it seems that redhat moved all the sources to different locations, and
> the drivers no longer want to compile.

Install the kernel-[smp-]devel package, and everything should 'just work' again.
(incidentally, kernel-source was removed in RHEL4/FC3, and replaced with kernel-devel. There's instructions for creating a full source tree (such as you got with kernel-source) in the release notes)

best,
--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us