[nflug] ubuntu kernel upgrade

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 13:44:58 EST 2005

Sorry if I reposted.  This will get to the latest kernel? I tried wht you said and it says  linux-386 is already the newest version. But its still kernel version   2.6.12-10-386 not the latest kernel.

Jesse Jarzynka <denisesballs at thecybersource.com> wrote: anthonyriga wrote:
>  I installed breezy badger noticed that the kernel veriosn is
> 2.6.12-10-386.How do I upgrade to the latest kernel version and get
> sources too? I did updates with Synaptic but they only go so far..

Didn't you ask this a while back Anthony? I could've swore I replied to
something like this. Anyways, if you have a 686 processor say:

sudo apt-get install linux-686 linux-headers-686

Bam! Done.

If you have the athalon (like me) family, get the k7 kernel:

sudo apt-get install linux-k7 linux-headers-686

--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source