[nflug] any meetings? (fwd)

Ron Maggio ronmaggio2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 14:55:30 EST 2005

Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
>nflug mailing list
>nflug at nflug.org

Hello Nora,
Since your new, let me bring you up to speed a little. Yes our lug lacks
in a few areas but you will find many extremely knowledgeable people on
this list who will be more than happy to help you no matter what level
of Linux or computing help you need. And if I may speak for the group,
we are more than happy to hear ideas on better meeting places, forums,
whatever. However, we need to have more than just talk. Ron's "wait and
see" policy is his usual stance and as typical with that attitude, he
has contributed as much.

  <----------------------------------snip-------------------------->\
  Hello all.
  Hi Peter, For your and others information, I took part from the vary beginning when this group first started. So you have the opinion that I have a "typical attitude" You and others that became members latter on do not know the whole picture, so please don't exclude me cause you have a different idea in your mind about the LUG.

  At an average meeting early in the LUG history, we had 30 to 40 or more show up not bad for a somewhat dead city. You can say all the comments you wish, but the facts show that the current membership have not done any better. I am more then willing to participate to help out in whatever way I can, but more importantly be there to learn Linux. Till the group evolves into something better then what it is, my typical attitude is a valid opinoin.

  Thank you, Ron Maggio

  Everyone talks about coming to the meetings and
few show, it can be disappointing to those that have arranged it. Frank
and myself have opened our homes to the meetings in an effort to keep
the meetings going when our usual meeting place(s) were being moved
around, etc.. I have seen Bob repeatedly ask the group, who plans on
coming and what topics are of interest, only to see Josh and maybe 1
other respond. So, my point is this... From a new persons view, I can
completely understand your questions and I too would love to see a more
structured LUG with regular meetings after all, we all LOVE Linux right!
However, for things to change, we really need someone with the time and
ambition to spearhead things and get things going properly. If we all
take the "wait and see" approach, things will never change. I am also
not trying to usurp Bob but he keeps asking for help, so those that can,
should.