[nflug] Few ubuntu questions

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Wed Nov 9 14:06:29 EST 2005

anthonyriga wrote:

>Just installed Breezy Badger whoa was easy nice
>install too. Since this is debian based wht kernel
>version is Ubuntu up 2 my install has 2.6.12-9-386.
>How do I upgrade the kernel? Are there good apt-get
>sources for Ubuntu? Just need a little boost. Been
>running Rehat Fedora last couple years and heard so
>many great things abot ubuntu. Its different running
>just Gnome without having KDE envionment too less
>bloat.

Ubuntu is the KING of repositores. Edit your /etc/apt/sources.list and
uncomment all the disabled ones. Search through synaptic for kernels.
Ubuntu comes with the 386 by default for compatibility. I installed the
k7 kernel since I have an Athalon family CPU, and it was a big speed
increase. Like I've said before you can still install any kde programs
on Ubuntu and run them in Gnome. If you want the KDE desktop, try
Kubuntu, or apt-getting kde-desktop.

Also make sure you check out ubuntuforums.org . Huge helpful community,
and tons of HOWTOs.

--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source