[nflug] Another reason to not use M$ products...

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Wed Nov 2 15:06:51 EST 2005

I hate to be a devils advocate, but how is this a "Microsoft is horrible"
issue??

this is a _software application_ issue. in fact, a SONY issue.
Where does Microsoft come into this mix to a point of "Thank God for linux"
??

Because a software company decided to write some not-so-nice software for a
particular operating system, suddenly it's the operating systems fault??

What if Sony wrote this same software for Linux, should we all be bashing
Linux and praising Microsoft because of a vendors choice of supported
operating system??

Is it because this is yet another security issue with Windows? if that's the
case then look at it this way, the very name of this event: Sony _ROOTKIT_
has it's very definition based on _unix_, not windows. rootkits are
generally identified as a Unix/Linux thing. So, someone saying "Oh, bad
Microsoft for letting people write a Windows Rootkit" is just ludicrous.
Linux/Unix ABOUNDS in rootkits.

If this is a "see, Windows doesn't let you play cd's..." argument, then that
is also ludicrous, because this same CD won't work under Linux either!!!

I'm sorry for going off, but sometimes people need to get a fundamental
understanding of issues, and not react to the slightest trigger of anything
having the word Microsoft in it. This is the line that Zealots cross which
instantly make their arguments not credible.

-Mark