firefox vs. IE for updates

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sat May 21 18:29:28 EDT 2005

Eric R. Benoit wrote, On 05/19/05 7:54 AM:

> Thanks, I'll read through it.

Eric - this qoute is from a related story here :
http://yahoo.pcworld.com/yahoo/article/0,aid,118961,00.asp

[qoute]

For sites that require IE, you have the option of displaying the site as
Internet Explorer. For example, you can't get Microsoft's Windows Update
to work in any browser other than IE. With this new Netscape function,
you can update Windows or access these IE-specific features without
having to switch browsers. This is possible because the browser uses
both the Gecko engine of Firefox and Microsoft's own Internet Explorer
engine.

[end quote]

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail

--
This outgoing message is certified Virus Free.