Debian and cdrecord under >2.6.8

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 21:40:50 EDT 2005

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  It's a morass to me!  since cdrecord has
become the defacto standard and the author has no intention of supporting what
he considers the hopeless redheaded stepchild that is the linux kernel, it
appear only a new fork that actually has maintenance is the hope for 2.6.  I'm
sitting here considering putting a 2.4 kernel on here and jsut staying 2.4

Why are you using 2.6 with cdrdao?  I thought cdrdao and cdrecord come from
same cdrtools?  It may be my media and I may need to flash my dvdburner to new
firmware _I'm going to try that soon as well.  Oh I hope my wife gives me time
to work on this this weekend :-)

I am having no trouble burning DVDs its just cdrecord that is getting me
everytime.

JJ