cd blanking/recording

advent systems adventsystems at verizon.net
Fri Jun 3 07:06:41 EDT 2005

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to erase and record cd-rw's.  Using k3b when trying to
erase I get the error message "cdrecord did not exit cleanly, blanking
error".  when using nautilus, I get this message:
"cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. Cannot get SCSI I/O buffer.
SCSI buffer size: 64512
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c    1.83
04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
defaults.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: No write mode specified."

I have chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord and cdrdao.
    When I start k3b from a terminal as root it works fine which tells
me it's a permission problem but I still can't figure it out.  I'm
running FC3 w/2.6.11-1.27 kernel.  It's doing the same thing on 3
different boxes.  It worked before which leads me to believe also that
updating might have something to do with it.
    Any ideas welcome.

Bob Randal