More stuff about linux and setting proper domain name

hawkwynd nflug at afourthdimension.com
Tue Jul 5 23:58:59 EDT 2005

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm wondering what the proper way is to
name my machine so I am not getting the following mesages in my log:

> Jul  4 05:51:47 Cavetroll sendmail[4470]: My unqualified host name
> (cavetroll) unknown; sleeping for retry
> Jul  4 05:52:47 Cavetroll sendmail[4470]: unable to qualify my own
> domain name (cavetroll) -- using short name

I have this machine on my home network, with a small lan of windows
machines, connected to a Linksys router/firewall. How do I properly set
the host name so it knows who itself is?

Thank you in advance,

Scott